The spectacular Tuscan style, described as picturesque and laid-back, draws its inspiration from the Italian province of Tuscany and attempts to re-create the ambient and scenery of a serene Italian villa, with elements such as green hills, graperies, landslide gravel walls or terra cotta roofs.
The Tuscan style is exquisite, cozy, welcoming, stout and scenic. Its features make it ideal for both residences and summer houses.
If you’re a fan of the setting and architecture of Tuscany, you can decorate your own house in a way that will remind you of your wonderful holidays in Italy. The key is to make sure that you create a proper mixture between modern and antique. Here are a few tips to follow if you want to properly decorate your home in a Tuscan style:
- Traditionally, big family meals are highly valued in Tuscany. Make sure that your dining room is spacious enough to host big family reunions. Purchase grand pieces of furniture and decorations, featuring many details.
- The design of your Tuscan style mansion should be both grandiose and rustic. Use genuine materials like wood and stone. The rustic feeling can be achieved through using wrought iron or painted pottery. However, avoid using rustic elements in excess. You only want to instil a rustic vibe, not to make your house look completely rustic. Ideally, it should feature a stone fireplace and stone walls.
- Nature should be the primary source of inspiration for the design and architecture of your home. In addition to using only natural materials, you should avoid installing curtains on your windows. You want your chambers to be filled with the natural light and warmth of the sun.
- Use soft, rustic nuances, which remind of the splendid Tuscany autumns. Don’t hesitate to play with the colours and create contrasts.
- Antique carpets go perfectly with the décor.
- You can use bowls of fruits which are specific for the region of Tuscany, such as grapes, as elements of décor. The same goes for flowers, as well as wine bottles or carafes.